Loading...
"I don't know about that incident. What kind of harassment in the first place? Before I commit myself to answer the question, what kind of harassment was this?" President Duterte said on Wednesday upon arriving from his three-day official visit in South Korea, when asked to comment about the Ayungin incident.
"This is the first time I've heard of it. It would be dangerous for me to answer questions without really having the slightest idea of what it is all about," the clueless president added. Apparently, he contracted Cayetano’s statement in a recent House hearing saying that President Duterte knows about it and even made “strong instructions.”

During the hearing of the House Special Committee on the West Philippine Sea on last May 31, Cayetano said that Philippines had already filed between 50 to 100 diplomatic protests against China in the past two years. According to the former senator, President Duterte’s objection can also be considered as a diplomatic protest.
Last week, Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque confirmed that the country thought the DFA has filed a diplomatic note against China's installation of missile systems on three man-made islands in the Spratly Islands, as well as the harassment of Chinese Navy to Philippine Navy boats resupplying troops in Ayungin Shoal.
This Thursday, Roque said that he stands by President Duterte’s statement that he does not know anything about the Ayungin incident. “I go by what the President says, please. You heard what he said. I can’t contradict the President’s statement being his spokesperson.” He said during a press briefing in Malacañang.
However, an insider from Malacañang said that President Duterte has already talked to Cayetano about it over the phone. “Why did you tell them that I know about it but the truth is I really don’t have any idea? Report to me immediately.” The source said, quoting the president while talking to the Foreign Secretary allegedly in a high voice.


No comments:
Post a Comment